Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Paths to insanity...

I might just go insane this week...  We've had a variety of problems around our apartment since we moved in, and they've slowly been getting repaired.  Tuesday, an electrician came out and (FINALLY) installed the hard wired smoke alarms.  The wiring was in already, but no detectors.  Well, the repair guys installed two new smoke alarms, and the stupid things went off randomly for several hours.  I read the instructions, pushed the tester button, etc, etc, all to no end.  Tried calling and getting hold of the electricians company but to no avail (I had to call the building management company who said they would call the electrician company...but I never heard back).  Well, finally the stupid things stopped beeping....untillllllll....20 minutes ago.  One of the stupid alarms has gone off twice in the last 20 minutes.  I'm just waiting for it to go off again.  I'm betting it will start going off as soon as I'm deep in sleep.

The batteries are fresh.  The alarms aren't around anything smokey or anything that would block them.  Can't figure out what is up...

If anyone has any brilliant ideas on what is wrong with the stupid things, or how to get them to stop beeping without ripping them off the ceiling...please share!  I may go slowly insane otherwise...

Update - I think I fixed the smoke alarms...or maybe broke them?  Either way, I'm fine with it!  They finally STOPPED beeping!  Thank goodness, because I think I probably seemed a little insane to my tutoring students today thanks to the combination of the psychosis inducing beeping and sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We adore comments! Please leave some! Just note, Anonymous comments go to my spam folder, and I rarely publish them.